Code/Decode

Narain is the founder & CEO for 360 Degree Interactive, a web services firm based in Chennai, India. This blog is about his personal views on Web 2.0, RoR, Social networking,Digital media, interactive advertising, SaaS, Service Oriented Architecture, India Inc, rural education, Web standards, mobile 2.0 and more.

Wednesday, September 3

The curse called CAS [or a blessing]


All the eyes of the media is now with the city i live in, chennai. First time, CAS [ Conditional Access System ] for satellite channels has been implemented from 1st Sep. Going by the media reports, i see for yesterday & today, there is a lukeworm response for buying the Set Top Box and other related hardware for CAS.

Finally I get rid of annoying & frustrating verbals like [ "Anjali, than Kuzhanthaiyai Kappaturvalla" - (Kaviajanlali), "Bharniyae keduthavanae pazhi vangama vida matten" - (Payanam) - Star Vijay, Mummy- Tonite at 9.00 by HBO [telecasted for 1,23,45th time] and a host of boring & useless channels. Atleast, now my mother or my sister is not ordering me to go to the kitchen and arrange my food or my father & the kid glued to Animal Planet, without taking any of my queries [letter ethavathu vandutha?, Avar phone pannara?]. Still, for my home audience, nothing really has lost except for Star Vijay, they still watch soaps on Sun, Raj, Jaya & KTv. so for my home, except for a few lose for me, there is no need for a Set Top Box presently. Btw, I just know that Shriya [ SS Music Compere] is a daughter of former cricket player Bharat Reddy. Kolti Taste!!

Within this, I have lost a few of my fav. channels like CNBC TV18, Cartoon Network, NGC and Discovery but i am looking for a positive conversion of Pay channels into either a Free to Air [FTA] Channels, or can unbundle their channel offerings [Who sees Zee English & for that matter GoD Tv]. My operator runs a channel called "Hollywood" substituted for Star Movies. Any new channels in the offing?

I strongly beleive that there is a better world outside Star, Sony, Zee, Sahara and Sun. If these guys can connect some French channels [TV16 or 18 sometime back, i m not sure]. asian channels [japanese gaming channels] or the advertsing channel [UK channel which features only advertisements] that is worth watching than soaps, movies and useless dialogues. Going by this, i strongly foresee, that a day will come when bandwidth & net access is metered like electricity, [Thanks Mukesh Ambani], there can be a whole new possibilities of entertainment medium, not with constrains of these idotic channels, but can view & see Internet ready films, Net-Radios, online community channels, channel-ised gaming and what not. Captain Vyoming, is the Orbit Ready?

If anybody has 5 Crores come let's start a new Channel exclusively for World literature, Cinema, Short Films, Art, Classics & Techniques. I am ready with the PanAm Satelite contract for 2 years. [Late Breaking News: My cable operator turned Star Vijay, all the things about Kavianjail is back :-( ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Performancing